The requirements for setting up your development environment and your online deployments are described in the following sections.
For Development On Your Local Machine
To generate and deploy your Electrode app and Electrode components, be sure your development environment includes the following requirements.
Install the following:
NodeJS LTS binary version 4.2 or later (version 6 or later is recommended)
- We recommend a tool such as nvm for managing NodeJS installations.
- Electrode Ignite helps to bootstrap your development with Electrode.
npm install -g electrode-ignite
- You can Run the tool with just
igniteand get an interactive menu or you can run it with command line arguments.
- Two examples of command line arguments:
ignite check-nodejs- To verify your NodeJS and npm versions.
ignite generate-app- To generate a new Electrode React app.
npm version 3 or later.
- NodeJS v6.x already comes with npm@3 by default, but if you are using NodeJS 4, make sure you install npm@3 using the following command:
npm install -g npm@3
ignite check-nodejsto verify.
Headless chrome brings all modern web platform features provided by Chromium and the Blink rendering engine to the command line. It is a great tool for automated testing and server environments where you don't need a visible UI shell.
In the Electrode Archetype App and Component, we are using Chrome Headless as the default option for automated testing.
In your Chrome browser, update Google Chrome if you see the option, and relaunch.
Headless mode is available on Mac and Linux in Chrome 59. Windows support will be available in Chrome 60. To check what version of Chrome you are running, open chrome://version.
For Online Deployments
Ready? Let's build an Electrode app.